Cinco de Mayo is here! No matter if you’re planning a fiesta for 20 or for one, celebrating with tequila is an absolute must.
We’ve compiled a few of our favorite go-to tequila-infused cocktails and have paired them with the best dishes from our Cinco de Mayo collection so you can eat and drink like a local.
Try these three tequila pairings this Friday for an unbelievably flavorful fiesta!
Spinach Enchiladas with Black Beans with Tequila Sparkling Margarita
Source: Christy Vega of Casa Vega
We’ve recently partnered with Casa Vega, one of Hollywood’s most sought after hideaway, to bring you a series of authentic Mexican meal kits. One of their most popular dishes is their Spinach Enchiladas.
Most enchiladas are filled with chicken or beef, but this recipe pushes the boundaries of the Mexican classic by using spinach as the base for the filling. The enchiladas are topped with a tomatillo salsa and served with zesty cumin-lime black beans, packing all the flavor you’d expect from a more traditional version.
Lighten up these rich enchiladas with a light, bubbly sparkling margarita. Casa Vega’s signature Tequila Sparkling Margarita is the perfect choice. Recreate this refreshing cocktail at home!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 oz tangerine juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 oz Anejo Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz sparkling water
- *Sugar to rim glass, (optional)
- Mint sprig for garnish (optional)
- Tangerine peel for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tangerine juice, lime juice, and mint leaves.
- Using a muddler, mash the mint.
- Add tequila, Cointreau, and ice. Shake until chilled.
- *To sweeten the cocktail, run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip into sugar. (optional).
- Strain into a glass filled with fresh ice.
- Add sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a tangerine peel.
Chile-Spiced Steak Tacos with Spiked Horchata
Source: Sugar & Charm
Looking for something with a little bit of a kick? This meal from Prevention is just what you need. Flank steak is coated in ancho chile powder and seared to perfection creating a taco unlike any other. All of the drool-worthy flavors in this dish will have you begging for a cool-down. Cut the spice of this dish with a swig of tequila-spiked horchata.
This recipe is simple, but packs in the cooling flavor you’ll love.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 part Hornitos Plata Tequila
- 1/2 part Coconut Water
- 1/2 part Almond Milk
- Cinnamon, Ground
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain over ice and add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top.
Chicken Tinga Tostadas with a Paloma
Take your flavor experience to the next level with the smoky Chicken Tinga Tostadas from AllRecipes.com. The cumin and chipotle puree in this dish create a unique flavor that you’ll crave time and time again.
To balance the flavors of this dish, we recommend pairing it with a light and simple cocktail like a Paloma. A Paloma is a traditional Mexican drink is simply a few shots of your favorite tequila and a splash of grapefruit soda. Mix it and pour it over ice to create a traditional feast you and your guests will love.
What You’ll Need
- 1.5-2oz of Tequila (brand does not matter)
- Grapefruit soda, such as Fresca, Squirt, or Jarritos
- Mix three parts grapefruit soda and one part tequila
- Pour over ice
- Serve with lime wedge
There you have it! We hope you enjoy these tequila pairings this Cinco de Mayo! Shop our entire Cinco de Mayo collection by clicking below!